1. Protect and also Weatherproof! The most effective COOLING AND HEATING system in the world can not offset a poorly insulated house. Drafty windows and door seals and also under-insulated attic rooms and outside walls can cause your A/C to function double-time aiming to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow as well as cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your house's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big effect on your utility costs-- and also your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning expenses represent nearly half the home's complete energy bill. If your air conditioning system is more than One Decade old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model can cut your cooling costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a greater seasonal energy performance proportion (SEER) than conventional models, makings them regarding 14% much more reliable than standard designs. The higher the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Considering that sizing and appropriate installation of an air conditioning system are vital to power efficiency and also home comfort, it is necessary to employ a certified technician.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal energy performance ratio (SEER) as well as home heating seasonal efficiency factor (HSPF) than typical models, read more that makes them concerning 8% percent more efficient than common brand-new models and 20% a lot more reliable compared to just what you may already have in your house.
6. Natural gas heating systems getting discounts have annual fuel utilization effectiveness (AFUE) scores of 92%, or higher, making them as much as 15% a lot more reliable compared to typical versions. One in 4 heaters in UNITED STATE residences today is greater than Two Decade old. Certifying gas heating systems utilize sophisticated innovation to provide higher efficiency than conventional new heating systems offered today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating tools received the BGE discount satisfy or surpass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to change your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your equipment requires regular repair services and your power costs are enhancing.
When your heat pump or a/c is more than 10 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a newer, extra power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance degrees
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, much more energy-efficient furnace that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness degrees.
9. Although these products can be a lot more pricey to buy in advance, the cost difference will certainly be paid back in time via lower energy expenses. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Home Heating & Cooling Refunds which could significantly help reduce the distinction in rate between conventional and also high-efficiency items.
10. Proper maintenance can go a long way in stopping future heating and air conditioning system problems. Ask your professional regarding yearly pre-season exams. Contractors frequently get extremely hectic throughout summer season and also winter months, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating unit in the fall.